Product name: Braun Silk Epil 9-941e
Tired of shaving every day or several times per week? Purchasing an epilator is a decision you probably will not regret. An epliator pulls hair from the roots. It will leave you with smooth, stubble free skin for up to 4 weeks! Hair will grow back lighter and less noticeable.Epilation is effective for all hair types. The Braun Silk epil 9 is one of the most popular epilators available.
The Braun silk epil 9 comes with the following :
- Silk 9 epilator
- Skin contact cap
- Charging cord
- A blue exfoliation brush for large areas
- A mauve exfoliation brush for smaller or more sensitive areas.
- A storage pouch
- A cleaning brush
This is a unique product because it can be used for exfoliation and epilation. Exfoliating skin prior to epilation is necessary to prevent irritation and ingrown hairs. It is convenient to be able to switch the attachments and be able to do both with 1 device. The attachment brushes vibrate making them much more effective at removing dead skin cells than manual exfoliation methods.
How to use it
1. The first thing you will need to do is charge you epilator. Attach the cord to the bottom of the epilator and plug it in. A flashing green light means your epilator is charging. The light will turn solid green when it is fully charged. It will take approx 1 hour to fully charge. The charge will last approx 40 min while using the epilator.
2. Attach the exfoliation brush and clean the area you plan to remove hair.
3. Remove the brush and apply the tweezer attachment and cap
4. There are 2 speeds controlled by a ring on the front of the epilator. You set the speed by pressing the center of the white ring while rotating the outside purple ring to the desired speed. Clock wise turns it on. Counter clockwise turns it off
5. Hold the epilator at 90 degrees
6. Hold skin tight with your other hand
7. Slowly glide the head of the epilator in the direction of the hair growth. Quick movements will break the hair shaft instead of pulling it from the roots.
8. Repeat until all hair is removed.
9. Turn off epilator, use the cleaning brush and rinse after each use. Remove the tweezer and attachment cap and air dry.
- This epilator can remove hair as short as 0.5 mm. That is 4x shorter than waxing, There is no waiting period for the hair to grow out.
- The head is 40% wider than other Braun eplilators. This means that more hair will be removed with 1 swipe. This device did a great job of removing hair with minimal swipes compared to other models.
- It can be used wet or dry. Using it in the bathtub or shower will make epilation less painful.
- It is cordless and can be used anywhere.
- It can be used on all body parts including your face.
- It comes with attachable exfoliation brushes.
- This will hurt if you are not used to epilation or waxing. The pain will go away after you have been doing this for a while.
- The noise. This epilator is very loud compared to other epilators I have used in the past.
- The price.This is an expensive device. There are less expensive epilators on the market. The cheaper models do not come with all the attachments, do not work as quickly and can’t be used under water. Take in consideration that you will not be spending money every week on other hair removal products.
Overall this is a great product if you are willing to spend the money. Braun has made several improvements compared to the Silk Epil 7 series. The exfoliation system is an especially nice feature. There are other Silk Epil 9 series available. This review if for the Braun Silk Epil 9-941e. The differences between the packages is the number of accessories and attachments it comes with. Some packages come with a shaver attachment, bikini trimmer, charging stand etc. The epilator itself is the same in all the Braun Epil Silk 9 series. All variations can be found for the best price here. Browse the site and decide which package is right for you.
If you have any questions please comment below.