Moom Organic hair removal kit
The Best place to buy: Amazon
Moom products were created by a woman called Jinous Nouri. She was a chemist who was looking for an alternative hair removal solution to the chemical products and systems that were available at the time. She had two daughters and wanted something that was suitable for young and sensitive skin and something that would remove hair but at the same time leave the skin feeling smooth and cared for.
After lengthy research and development work Moom products were presented to the market. These are all hypoallergenic, environmentally friendly kits and they do not contain any perfumes, chemicals or other artificial substances.
What is it?
Moom is an organic hair removal system. It contains all natural products and is designed not only to remove unwanted hair, but to leave the skin feeling softer and smoother by removing dead skin cells and other impurities as part of the complete process.
The base ingredients that are found in the Moom products include water, organic chamomile, organic sugar, organic lemon juice, organic Tea Tree oil and other organic essential oils. The combination of all these ingredients creates a 100% organic and hypo-allergic product that can be used by both men and women.
What you will receive
Your starter kit will contain:
One 6.oz (170 gram) jar of 100% natural hair remover.
18 washable, reusable Fabric Strips
8 wooden applicators
How it works
If you have ever used wax treatments before then you may be familiar with the process of using this hair removal method.
- Warm the mixture so that it reaches a consistency that is similar to honey. This can be done in a microwave or a stove top.I prefer to use an electric wax warmer that will maintain a consistent temperature and decrease the chance of burns. Click here to see a review of the warmer that I like use.
- Take one of the wooden applicators and apply a paper thin layer of Moom to the skin. When doing this make sure that it is applied following the direction of hair growth. So if, for example, you are preparing the legs then you will want to smooth the solution downwards.
- Place one of the washable fabric strips on top of the solution, making sure to leave the end free so that you can hold it between your fingers and thumb. After pressing down on the fabric thoroughly to ensure a good connection, simply pull the end of the fabric upwards and off the skin.
- This product is USDA certified organic. It contains all natural products with no chemicals or dyes.
- It can be used on fine or coarse hair.
- The fabric strips are washable and reusable.
- It can be used safely on all areas of the body including legs, arms, underarms, bikini and even areas of the face.
- The manufacturer does not use animal testing
- The results can last up to 8 weeks.
- Hair will need to be at least 1/4 inch long for this method to be effective.
- The mixture is very sticky and messy.
- It can take some experimentation to determine the most effective temperature for use.
- It did remove the hair and get the job done but not as efficiently as hot wax. It took more applications to remove all of it
Would I recommend this product?
I would recommend tis product if you would like the results of waxing but have sensitive skin or allergies. I f you only want to use organic skin care products this will be a good choice for you.
Are you interested in trying this product?
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments below.